.

.

I Am Ready For Gaidam = Bukar Abba Ibrahim



A three-term Senator, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, has said he is ready to slug it out with Governor Ibrahim Gaidam for the Yobe East senatorial seat in 2019.

It was reported that the governor, who is from the same senatorial district with Sen. Ibrahim, is said to be nursing ambition of going to the senate.

Addressing newsmen on a book written on him titled: The Poorlitics: The Story of the Little Boy from Goniri & the Progressives’ Manifesto, Bukar said he would return to the senate come 2019.

“As far as I know, he (Gaidam) has not told me. And he knows that I want to come back to the senate. If he wants to slug it out with me, I’m ready for him,” he said.

Bukar had some time ago said he would shelve his senatorial ambition if Gaidam indicated interest in the seat.

The senator who said he dropped his presidential ambition to support President Muhammadu Buhari’s bid in 2015, said he would contest for the presidency on expiration of Buhari’s second tenure in 2023.

“I’m 69 years, I intended to go into the presidential race earlier but because of my respect for President Buhari, I withdrew along with Sen. Ahmed Sani Yerima of Zamfara State. Now that he is ready for a second term, I will still wait,” he said.

He said the senate was not meant for the young people, but that it was good to have a mixture of both the young and the old.

On the comment made by President Buhari while signing the budget on Wednesday, he said, “He (Buhari) doesn’t need to necessarily implement the whole budget. Let him take a good look at the budget with people. Nobody can hang him for not implementing the budget 100 per cent,” he said.


Source
I Am Ready For Gaidam = Bukar Abba Ibrahim I Am Ready For Gaidam = Bukar Abba Ibrahim Reviewed by AbuZahra Ahmad on June 22, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Fomo

Powered by Blogger.